A short contract as a postdoc (4,3 months aprox.) is available in the frame of the collaborative project “Ultrahigh pressure chemistry at the nanoscale“ led by Prof. Julio Gómez (Condensed Matter Physics Department) and in cooperation with the group of Prof. Fernando Martín (http://campusys.qui.uam.es/) at the Department of Chemistry of University Autonoma de Madrid. The position is funded by the IFIMAC – Condensed Matter Physics Center through the MINECO award “Unidad de Excelencia Maria de Maeztu”, with reference MDM-2014-0377.
The research project:
The aim of the project is to provide theoretical interpretation and guide for experiments using density functional theory calculations, to study chemical reactions at ultrahigh pressure (> 10 GPa).
- PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry or related areas.
- Proven experience on theoretical simulation of periodic systems, electronic structure and molecular dynamics methodologies using either commercial or home-made software packages.
- Strong programming skills (Fortran/C, Matlab or Python).
- Good command of English.
- Immediate availability.
The position should ideally start by mid-/end- October 2018.
Gross salary (before applying national income taxes) is 2.208 Euros/month.
Applicants should send his/her CV and contact information for 2 references (in a single pdf file named as the candidate) to email@example.com, at the latest on October 10, 2018 (Applications not following this procedure will be disregarded).
- Recommendation letters could be requested during the selection process.
- Selected candidates shall be contacted for an interview.