Alfredo Levy, Elsa Prada and Eduardo Lee, IFIMAC members have organized XXIV International Summer School Nicolás Cabrera – 2017 on Quantum Transport on Topological Materials.
When: September 4-8, 2017.
Where: Residencia La Cristalera, Miraflores de la Sierra, Madrid, Spain.
Inés Ortiz – e-mail: email@example.com
Manuela Moreno – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eduardo Lee, IFIMAC, UAM.
Elsa Prada, IFIMAC, UAM.
Alfredo Levy Yeyati, IFIMAC, UAM.
School Scopes and Goals
Topological materials constitute an exciting and very active research area in condensed matter physics. It studies new states of matter whose bulk properties are similar to those of ‘ordinary’ materials but that, at the same time, display edge or boundary states with very exotic properties. Since the discovery of topological insulators, roughly a decade ago, the field has rapidly expanded with the identification of other topological materials, such as topological superconductors and Weyl semimetals. This Summer School will gather leading international experts to provide an introduction to the basic concepts underlying topology in condensed matter systems, followed by a discussion of recent developments, with a focus on quantum transport and hybrid devices. The goal is to cover not only theoretical aspects, but to also address the experimental progress, including the detection and manipulation of states associated with these materials.
- Hybrid devices (quantum dots, nanowires, heterostrucutres).
- Topological insulators and superconductors.
- Weyl semimetals.
- Topological quantum computing.
- Ramón Aguado (ICMM-CSIC, Madrid)
- Alberto Cortijo (ICMM-CSIC, Madrid)
- Silvano De Franceschi (CEA, Grenoble)
- Reinhold Egger (Heinrich Heine Univ., Düsseldorf)
- Klaus Ensslin (ETH, Zürich)
- Claudia Felser (Max Planck Inst. for Chemical Physics of Solids, Dresden)
- Marcelo Goffman (CEA, Saclay)
- Sophie Guéron (Univ. Paris Sud, Orsay)
- Jelena Klinovaja (Univ. Basel)
- Leo Kouwenhoven (QuTech, Delft Univ. of Technology)
- Rosa López (Univ. Baleares)
- Fabrizio Nichele (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Yuval Oreg (Weizmann Inst. of Science)
- Pablo San-Jose (ICMM-CSIC, Madrid)
- Jörg Schäfer (Univ. Würzburg)
- Patrik Recher (TU Braunschweig)
- Shinsei Ryu (Univ. Chicago)
- Felix von Oppen (Freie Univ. Berlin)
Organized with the collaboration of Fundación BBVA
Nicolás Cabrera Institute – INC website
XXIV International Summer School Nicolás Cabrera in the newspapers – Atlasagencia