CMD2020GEFES – Condensed Matter in Madrid is an international conference covering all aspects of condensed matter physics, including soft condensed matter, liquid physics, biophysics, materials science, quantum physics and quantum simulators, low temperature physics, quantum fluids, strongly correlated materials, semiconductor physics, magnetism, surface and interface physics, electronic, optical, structural, and mechanical properties of materials, acoustics, and disordered media. An important place will be granted to interdisciplinary topics as well as to the development of research infrastructure in Europe.
The scientific programme will consist of a series of plenary and semi-plenary talks and Mini-colloquia. Within each Mini-colloquium, there will be invited lectures, oral contributions and posters.
CMD2020GEFES is jointly organized by the Condensed Matter Division (CMD) of the European Physical Society (EPS) and the Spanish Solid State Division (GEFES), which is part of the Spanish Royal Physical Society (RSEF).
CMD2020GEFES is the next in the series of biennial EPS-CMD conferences, the last of which were held respectively in Paris (2014), Groningen (2016) and Berlin (2018).
The meeting will be held from August 31st through September 4th, 2020, in the premises of Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain.
The largest and most important part of the CMD2020GEFES programme is the Mini-colloquia that will gather specific scientific communities. Mini-colloquia will have the same format and modus operandi as at the previous EPS-CMD conferences. Mini-colloquia resemble Focus Sessions at similar meetings.
Typically, a Mini-colloquium will start with an introductory or overview talk on the subject at hand, followed by invited talks on major advances in the last two years, and shorter contributed talks. A Mini-colloquium also comprises posters, which will be presented in dedicated posters sessions. Mini-colloquia sessions concern the oral part of the programme. A Mini-colloquium may comprise one or several sessions of 2 hours duration.
You are kindly invited to propose a Mini-colloquium in your domain of scientific interest.
- All condensed matter physicists active in Europe may submit a proposal for a Mini-colloquium.
- The proposal must emanate from a minimum of two, and a maximum of four organizers. Organizers have to be from different laboratories. The organizing team must comprise at least one organizer from Spain, and, at least, one European organizer from another country than Spain.
- Please use the imposed format for a Mini-colloquium proposal. This includes the organizers with their affiliation and contact info in the header, a brief description of the subject area to be addressed, and a short motivation of why the proposal is timely. The total should not exceed one page.
- A Mini-colloquium at CMD2020GEFES grants the occasion to organise a scientific meeting of the community in which you are active, without the worry of logistic constraints. These will be taken care of by the local organisers of CMD2020GEFES. You may thus concentrate entirely on the scientific programme.
- In particular, European research networks are strongly encouraged to seize the opportunity to organize a Mini-colloquium as a means to hold a scientific meeting.
- A Mini-colloquium should present a topic that is of sufficient interest, so as to gather between a few dozen to over a hundred people. It is therefore very important to define a sufficiently broad theme, open to related topics as well as to worldwide activity in the field.
You may submit your proposal for a Mini-colloquium until November 15th, 2019, by sending the filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing the online form.
The proposals will be refereed by the Programme Committee of CMD2020GEFES, who will contact you regarding acceptance a few weeks later. The Board may also propose to merge closely-related Mini-colloquia.
The Programme Committee of CMD2020GEFES may ask you to broaden, narrow, or reorient the topics and scope of your proposed Mini-colloquium, or to merge your proposal with another, received from colleagues, in case of overlap.
We look forward to your submission!
The organizers of CMD2020GEFES